Wednesday, December 3, 2008

ASP Quote Significance Ch. 12

Quote: "I did not cry then or ever about Finny. I did not cry even when I stood watching him being lowered into his family's strait-laced burial ground outside of Boston. I could not escape a feeling that this was was my own funeral, and you do not cry in that case."(194)

Significance: In this quote Gene sounds like an ass and a bad friend. It makes him sound like he just does not care at all about what happened. I'm sure he does, but it sure does not seem like it. Maybe he feels as if it was his fault Finny died so he might feel guilty and not want to cry, but im not sure. When Gene was talking about having no point in living and there was nothing left for him in this world and when he said I can't escape the feeling that it was his own funeral. He might be imaging it was him died and being buried that is why he did not cry at Finny's funeral, becuase you don't cry at your own funeral.

Question: What will Gene do now?

No comments: