Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Othello Act 1 Scene 2,3

Quote: "Thus do I ever make my fool my purse; For I mine own gained knowledge should profane If I would time expend with such snipe But for my sport and profit."(1.3.320-322)

Significance: This quote is significant because I think it is foreshadowing that there will be a lot of backstabbing and lying to each other. Iago tells his friend Roderigo he will be there for him and then talks behind his back saying that he is going to take his money. Brabantio says his daughter is backstabbing him and lying to him because she married a moor without telling him. I have a feeling that this quote is foreshadowing that other people might back stab some of there friends and loved ones. It all just might end up with deaths and killings.

Question: Will Iago or anyone else be this backstabbing throughout the play?

No comments: