Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ASP Quote Significance for Chapter 4

Quote: "The way that I believed that you're-my-best-friend blabber! The shadow falling across his face if I didn't want to do something with him! His instinct for sharing everything with me? Sure, he wanted to share everything with me, especially his procession of D's in every subject. That way he, the athlete, would be way ahead of me. It was all cold trickery, it was all calculated, it was all enmity."(53)
Significance: Gene is being way to jealous of Finny right now. This quote is significant because Gene finally figures out something he's better at then Finny and Finny is not even a jerk about it or anything, he might even me proud of Gene. Gene turns it around that Finny is only trying to sarcastically say he is jealous of Gene to hide that he really is jealous of Gene. Gene is being over dramatic about it and taking it to far with the whole I has to be better then Finny at something. The jealousy is taking over Gene's actions and it's just making everything go wrong.
Question: Is it Gene's fault that Finny had fallen out of the tree?

No comments: