Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quote Significance and Characterizing two main characters

"I never backed away from anything in my life!"(18)
This quote is significant because it is kind of like Gene has to prove himself to Finny. He has to prove that he isn't afraid to jump off a high tree branch into water to be Finny's bestfriend. Gene maybe afraid to back away from something Finny is pressuring him to do because he doesn't want Finny to think wrong of him. This quote could be foreshadowing Gene telling Finny he is not doing the crazy idea he has, and it could some how ruin there friendship.

Why are people after to stand up to their friends when they are pressuring them?

Phineas:
1. Athletic
2. Pushy
3. Daredevil
4. Crazy
5. Intimidating
"If I do it, you're going to do it, aren't you?"(16)

Narrator:
1. Peer pressured
2. Follower
3. Trustworthy
4. Timid
5. Uptight
"What was I doing up here anyway? Why did I let Finny talk me into stupid things like this? Was he geting some kind of hold over me?"(17)

No comments: