Monday, November 24, 2008

Quote Significance Ch. 7

Quote: "I grabbed the knob and swung open the door. He was seated in my chair at the desk, bending down to adjust the gross encumbrance of his leg, so that only the familar ears set close against his head were visible, and his short-cut brown hair. He looked up with a provocative grin, 'Hi pal, where's the brass band?' Everything that had happened throughout the day faded like the first false snowfall of the winter. Phineas was back."

Significance: I picked this quote because I feel it has meaning and I know it is very long, but I don't think Gene was really expecting Finny to come back so soon or even at all for that matter. I really don't think that he wanted him to come back because he doesn't want to have to see what he had done to his bestfriend. Honestly, I think he just wants to run away from what he did and from the past because he is ashamed and feels guilty of what happened.

Question: When will Gene start really telling the truth and really man up to what he had done?

No comments: