Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Othello Act 2 Scene 2,3

Quote: "I think it freely, and betimes in the morning I will beseech the virtuous Desdemona to undertake for me. I am desperate of my fortunes if they check me."(2.3.236-238)

Significance: This quote is significant because everyone keeps falling for Iago's plan. When Cassio says that he believe in what Iago says completely he does not know what he is getting himself into. Iago is being very sneaky and I have a feeling someone is going to over hear something or catch onto his plan. Then there is going to be some real fights not just ones from drunken men. Eventually it is all going to back fire into Iago's face and he is not going to like it. Everything Iago is doing and saying is foreshadowing a lot.

Definitions: Peevish(2.3.184)- adjective-cross, querulous, or fretful, as from vexation or discontent
Clamor(2.3.230)- noun-a loud uproar, as from a crowd of people

No comments: