Thursday, January 8, 2009

Othello Act 3 Scene 4

Quote: "Why, so I can, sir, but I will not now.
This is a trick to put me from my suit.
Pray you, let Cassio be received again."(3.4.78-80)


Significance: This quote is significant because it makes Iago look like he is telling the truth about Desdemona cheating on Othello. She tries to hide that she lost the handkerchief and starts talking about Cassio again, but she does not know that Iago put it in Cassio's room to frame him. Now Othello thinks Desdemona is cheating on him, but she's not at all. Everything that is happening is just making Iago's plan better and more believable. It is driving me crazy that they have not figured this plan out yet. I wanna just go in the book and tell them straight up that he's a backstabbing liar! Ugh.

Definitions: Catechize(3.4.16)-verb-to instruct orally by means of questions and answers.
Sibyl(3.4.70)–noun-any of certain women of antiquity reputed to possess powers of prophecy or divination.

No comments: