Monday, January 12, 2009

Othello Act 4 Scene 2,3

Quote: "No, as I am a Christian.
If to preserve this vessel for my lord
From any other foul unlawful touch
Be not to be a strumpet, I am none"(4.2.86-89).


Significance: Desdemona is trying to tell her husband, Othello that she has been faithful the whole time. Othello has been brainwashed by Iago to believe the opposite and it is unfair. Desdemona is being very faithful and honest, but Iago is so believing when he lies, Othello does not believe Desdemona. I can not wait to see what happens when everyone finds out that it was all Iago and his plan. I think it will also be to late. Desdemona will be dead before Othello knows the truth and then he is going to kill Iago when he finds out.

Definitions: Strumpet(4.2.83)-noun-a prostitute; harlot
Scurvy(4.2.139)-adjective-contemptible; despicable

No comments: